Monday, September 7, 2009

Activity

The long weekend has been pretty active. I didn't plan to do anything because I knew I would have to start coaching and it seems to be going really well.
I didn't row much over the summer but did say I would coach during the fall. So thats what I have started with the University of Fraser Valley development Crew. Right now there have only been 4 people, two girls and two guys. We are planning to go to the Deep Cove Classic on October. 11. For the time being I have decided to not show on days that I work at ARHCC I think that would make for too much of a rushed morning.
I also went out to see inglorious bastards at the Abbotsford theatre on Saturday night, there was quite a line up but the theatre wasn't that busy. It made me laugh and my heart pound.
The best story was trying to mountain bike. Oh what a novice I am, not to mention my friend who moved to abbotsford a winter before me who's most experience comes from the Brandon hills which are a tad different then the mountains of BC. We ended up hiking the mountain carrying our bikes most of the way. A nerve racking but enjoyable way down. Seeing as my brakes barely worked.
We talked to a guy at the bottom and found out if we had stuck to the main path we would have gotten to the place where the trails all start and there are some nice cross country ones that we'll try next time.
Cass is still beating me when it comes to our exercise tracking chart, I am catching up though.
This week when I go to work I'll be walking by the gym everyday so no excuse not to do some damage.
Later this week I am doing a thing with work playing in a Wii tennis tournament. I wonder what's the best way to practice for that? I'll tell you how it goes next week.

Theo

No comments:

Post a Comment