Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The week so far

So I actually went out this week, lol.
On Monday after work I went to the Abbotsford Photo Arts Club competition night with Rick. It wasn't quite what I wanted it to be. They meet twice a month on the first and third mondays with the first being competition and the latter being informative.

It seems to be a pretty big club with a range of photographic abilities. The night we went they would display one submitted picture after another and a judge from an outside club would score them from 1-10. The scoring he gave ranged from 6-10. After achieving a total score of 200 you move on from being level 1 to level 2 in the club and so on to level 3 bronze, silver etc...

On tuesday I had a day off didn't really do anything to note of during the day. In the evening though I went to the Duke of Dublin Pub, which is quite a nice place with live music and really good food. I went for a poker fundraiser for the Weekend to end breast cancer put on by someone here at work. Ther were about 16 of us. It was a fun night playing texas hold 'em with the stakes getting higher and higher (chip count bets kept getting steeper, there was a 12 dollar buy in at the begining of the game), I was out after an hour and a half or so.

I also realized it's easter this weekend, meaning four straight days off and I haven't planned anything. I think i'll call up a couple people and see whats going on in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment