Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rowing

That was great. I just got back from the rowing club out in fort Langley. I spent most of the day doing nothing special, reading over a journal article I am presenting at work (very informal). The time came to finally go out to the club.
I met two other community rowers who have been trying to get more people out that have had some experience being competitive. It was good to have another boat to row with, otherwise I probably wouldn't have gone about 10k. I got to row this pretty decent wood hudson, they keep their boats in good condition. I only took a few strokes in succession that I didn't feel I had a criticism for, I would have been frustrated years ago but right now for a first row in a long time I was happy with it. I had to double check that I had my oar locks pointing in the right direction, lol. 

I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight and most likely be sore in the morning. Which is exactly what I was hoping for. The head coach also asked if I would be interested in any coaching and I said I would be open to that idea. There is a lot of interest for junior LTR and usually she has her daughter help but she won't be able to this year.

I'm really glad I went out and look forward to Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment