Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Moved In

The morning started with me walking up with a pained stomach. I needed to leave before seven to get to Abbotsford on time to catch the owner and the Shaw guy. So I carried on hoping that I didn't have food poisoning from the burger that I ate at the motel restaurant. I distracted myself listening to music and when i drove out of the closed in mountains into a more open area and after the sun came out I started to feel better. This was around 9 or 10.
The insane truckers carried on throughout the day a couple passed me going up the mountain and then 10 min later I passed them going down because they had to ride their breaks then they passed me again. I never new there were such things as run away lanes until I drove through the mountains, in case a semis' breaks fail and they can't stop they can divert to go up a lane about a 100m into a snow bank.
There were also more snow packed roads which required cautionary driving but all in all the weather was sunny and warm and when i got to Abbotsford it was like -3 or 3 degrees, cold to them but great weather to me. I met with the owner and the shaw guy.
While the shaw guy did his stuff i was taken for a walk around and shown the keys and which doors they open. I soon was on my own enjoying an empty apartment. I phoned a friend and got my mattress and some extras from greyhound shipping of which I am very thankful for. I unpacked my car ate some soup then washed the salt off of my bikes and car in the underground garage. Washed my sheets and am now planning out tomorrows activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment