Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My first full Day here

So this morning I started to look into a few paper work things I needed to get out of the way. I got home owners insurance set up. I also enquired about my bank account at TD of which won't get set up until I send in a form which should be mailed to me which should be coming any day now, or they forgot to send it.
I also started to fill in my BC health application form and I got an account set-up with BC Hydro. Then I realized I really needed to go to superstore for a few things. My tummy was grumbling and I had nothing to eat for breakfast except Banana bread and crackers.
Armed with two gift cards, I went for my first shop to try and fill an empty apartment. First stop house amenities like garbage bin/bags, knives, toothbrush holder, the owner was nice enough to leave TP, laundry detergent, a plunger and a microwave that's 12oo Watts which cooks my food to fast for what I'm use to. Soup covering the microwave tells me to tone it down, 1 min instead of 2. I also got these really cool hanging shelves


which I should get more of and a 3 in 1 lexmark printer which was like 40 bucks. I also found a good dish ware set and a toaster oven and I can't forget the blue polk-a-dot shower curtain especially for Cass' taste.
When my cart was pretty much full I went to get food. Chicken, rice, sugar, salt, tonic water to go with some gin I have left over from a party(forgot the lemon). Red pepper ,carrots, potatoes, pasta, bread, milk, cereal. I forgot, pepper and olive oil and lemon/lime and an ice cube tray and a jug for water or juice. Next time.

After the huge unloading of goods on and off the cart and paying the $350 down to $250 from gift cards (thanks guys) I ended going to london drugs to find stamps but I saw a toaster oven on clearance so I picked that up and am going to take back the one from stuperstore.
I got home and the apartment is a mess pretty much. So I set up my desk (no chair yet) and start putting things away cook myself some chicken and then waddya know it's the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment