Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Travel Through the Mountains

Sorry I couldn't post yesterday, no WiFi.
Yesterday was pretty amazing. I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed for an early morning drive from Regina through the rolling hills of saskatchewan. Which is pretty cool in itself, they're like waves in the water. Anyways the driving was really good until the more hilly areas in Alberta after Medicine Hat. There were a few sections still snow packed near Calgary. Nothing worth stopping for just slowing down. After Canmore the sky started to clear and I could see the sun again like in Saskatchewan. Lifting my spirits I trudged on towards BC. When I got to the mountains I was in awe. This is awesome I thought. The driving conditions were good it was early afternoon everything was great.
Imagine being surrounded by these, I got claustrophobic.
Once I got through Banff and then through YoHo National Park in BC I thought it wouldn't be much further to Revelstoke where I could stop for the night after a long drive. It took longer than I thought, winding roads with semi trailers running up my rear even though I was going the speed limit, sometimes slower, sometimes faster. I would catch them going down hill but up hill they would pass me, 4 cylinder without winter tires driving through the mountains in March is not recommended. Native drivers to BC though were flying by me at crazy speeds.
I eventually got to Revelstoke as the sun started to set and pulled in to the first Motel I saw.
The Frontier Motel it was clean nice and cheap, western themed, a gal with an Australian accent gave me my room and I collapsd on the bed after 13 hours of driving I felt squirrley. I went to the resteraunt had a Muleskinner(burger) and then came inside and had a shower. After of which I called a bunch of people and then watched TV and went to sleep. I love how a plan works out, now I'll be able to drive to Abbotsford for around noon tomorrow and meet the owner before he leaves and the Shaw guy to get internet and phone set-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment